Z-Ben Advisors actively recruits passionate, open-minded, and accomplished people from around the world. Please send your CV together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join this international and exciting company.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
POSITION: International Sales Associate
Z-Ben Advisors is a Shanghai-based research and advisory firm, focusing on China’s investment management industry. We work with top-tier global asset managers, and provide strategic advice, market intelligence, data analytics, and more, to ensure our clients capitalize on the enormous opportunity in China. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Sales Associate.
The role and our team:
You will be responsible for executing the company’s sales plan by identifying/targeting prospective clients, negotiating contracts to acquire new clients, and managing accounts. You will work closely with the company’s Sales Manager to ensure sales targets are reached, and clients are satisfied with the products and services they’ve obtained.
After a year in this position, you will have a thorough grounding in the fundamental skills necessary to be an expert salesperson – our staff will provide support and coaching. Those best-positioned to succeed at Z-Ben Advisors will have a self-starting personality and entrepreneurial disposition. Z-Ben Advisors is committed to the growth of its employees through training and internal advancement opportunities uncommon at other firms. Compensation will be determined based upon prior work experience, education, and skillset. Additional benefits include China work visa sponsorship and healthcare coverage.
The international asset management space in China is fast-paced, demanding and competitive, so please do not apply if you are not serious or passionate about Sales. Only top candidates will be chosen for the first round of interviews.
- Acquire new clients, along with any related activity such as prospecting and maintaining/developing client relationships
- Work closely with the Sales team to develop and achieve sales targets and goals
- Create and redefine personal sales process to effectively negotiate and secure deals
- Liaise with the management, sales and advisory teams to report on changing customer preferences and industry trends
- Handle customer telephone calls and emails
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with prospective clients and existing clients
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on field of target clients
- Attend industry events to expand strategic network of contacts
- University graduate (BA/BS)
- Two or more years’ experience with a successful track record in sales, business development or other sales-related position, preferably in the field of finance
- Background or strong interest in asset management, finance and economics
- Fluent in English is a must; Mandarin is a bonus
- Well organized, a team player, confident, active, motivated, and diligent
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively with a service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Capable of working under pressure
- The ability to travel internationally when required
- All activities are conducted in a professional manner. Central to this is ensuring that all dealings are done in a respectful manner either with internal colleagues or external parties. This is to also include being mindful of other’s schedules, tasks and priorities. In addition, professionalism is a reflection of personal presentation. Standard business attire both in the office and in external business events is required.
- Central to every role in the company is the proper time and utility management of a regular work schedule. While this includes meeting attendance and hitting deadlines, all employees are required to follow advance planning protocol.